Become an Alhambra Source Member for as little as $5 a month
Members also get perks like:
- Our “We Love Alhambra” 2nd edition decal
- Member Reports: A quarterly exclusive newsletter for Alhambra Source members that includes a mix of in-depth analytics, behind the scene looks at stories and more.
How to make your donation
The easiest way to donate to the Alhambra Source, a project of Community Partners, a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization, is by following the donation links above on our Network for Good® page. If you prefer to send a check, please follow the instructions below.
Thank you for your investment in democracy, civic engagement and independent journalism.
Please send checks to "Alhambra Source" at 560 W Main Street, Suite C-262 Alhambra, CA 91801
What is Alhambra Source?
The Alhambra Source is a civic institution that fosters grassroots civic engagement, immigrant integration, and public interest journalism with the goal of empowering and giving voice to the diverse communities of the San Gabriel Valley. Your dollars make vital local news gathering and civic engagement programs possible.The Alhambra Source is a project of Community Partners, a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization.
Alhambra Source 2018 Civic Engagement & Projects
- Co-sponsored the Alhambra-election event—Kids and Candidates: a Community Engagement Forum, with a diverse coalition of SGV-based, community-focused organizations. The event mobilized over 400 community members, students and organizations for a debate among city council candidates in advance of the Nov. 6 city elections.
- Conducted a summer internship program with local students from Alhambra Unified School District who worked with professionals who mentored them in skills needed for a career in journalism. The internship was made possible through a generous donation from Sara Miller McCune, a founder and executive chair of SAGE Publishing. More information here.
- Launched the Alhambra Source podcast series focusing on immigrant journeys and important San Gabriel Valley people and events. Listen, rate, and subscribe on Soundcloud, Apple Podcast and Stitcher.
- Hosted two Immigrant Narratives writing workshops for Asian Pacific American Festival with the San Gabriel Mission Playhouse during Asian Pacific American Month in May.
- Media Partner of the 17th annual San Gabriel Valley Pride Festival, an October event focused on LGBTQ education, expression and celebration.
- Launched the Edward S. Harris Fellowship, a year-round internship for the Alhambra Source through a thoughtful donation from Sara Harris, an Alhambra Source Advisory Board Member.
We want to hear from you
If you have questions about the Alhambra Source or have comments or concerns about our coverage please contact
Jon Thurber, Publisher at Jon@alhambrasource.org
Dominic Tovar, Community Outreach Manager at Dominic.Tovar@alhambrasource.org
Read more about our team here.