How to make your donation
The easiest way to donate to the Alhambra Source, a project of Community Partners, a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization, is by following the donation links above on our Network for Good® page. If you prefer to write out a check, please follow the instructions below.
Thank you for your investment in democracy, civic engagement and independent journalism.
- Alhambra Source Team
Please send checks to Maria Moreno at 317 W. Main St. Suite #319 Alhambra, CA 91801.
What is NewsMatch?
NewsMatch is a national matching-gift campaign to grow fundraising capacity in nonprofit newsrooms and promote giving to journalism among U.S. donors. It is supported through an open collaborative fund at The Miami Foundation, the Democracy Fund, the Knight Foundation and others.Starting now — through Dec. 31 — NewsMatch will match your new monthly donation 12 times or double your one-time gift, all up to $1,000
.We can earn up to $25,000
in matching dollars, which means Alhambra Source can raise $50,000 in total
. Support local journalism.
Learn more about the national NewsMatch campaign: newsmatch.org/info/faq
Alhambra Source Membership Premiums
Supporter - Donations between $25- $49 per year
- Decal: 2nd edition decal with our 2018 slogan
- Member Reports: A quarterly exclusive newsletter for Alhambra Source members that includes a mix of in-depth analytics, behind the scene looks at stories and more.
Conversation Starter - Donations between $50-99 per year
Everything included in Supporter plus
- Special Events: Invitation to special Alhambra Source happenings including happy hours, boba talks and other curated events.
Committed Partner - Donations between $100-$999 per year
Everything included in Conversation Starter plus
- Alhambra Source Anthology: A colorful collection of our favorite stories that capture the city that is the gateway to the San Gabriel Valley in one physical book.
Community Investor - Donations of $1000 + per year
Everything included in Committed Partner plus
- Be our guest at a local restaurant for a Community Investors' Dinner with your Alhambra Source Team.
What is Alhambra Source?
The Alhambra Source is a civic institution that fosters grassroots civic engagement, immigrant integration, and public interest journalism with the goal of empowering and giving voice to the diverse communities of the San Gabriel Valley. Your dollars make vital local news gathering and civic engagement programs possible.The Alhambra Source is a project of Community Partners, a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization.
Our 2018 Civic Engagement & Projects
- Launched the Edward S. Harris Fellowship, a
year-round internship for the Alhambra Source through a thoughtful donation
from Sara Harris, an Alhambra Source Advisory Board Member.
- Hosted two Immigrant Narratives writing workshops for Asian Pacific American Festival with the San Gabriel Mission Playhouse during Asian Pacific American Month in May.
a summer internship program with local students from Alhambra Unified School
District who worked with professionals who mentored them in skills
needed for a career in journalism. The internship was made possible
through a generous donation from Sara Miller McCune, a founder and board chair
of SAGE Publishing. More information here.
- Launched the Alhambra Source podcast series focusing on immigrant journeys and important San Gabriel Valley people and events. Listen, rate, and subscribe on Soundcloud, Apple Podcast and Stitcher.
theAlhambra-election event—Kids and Candidates: a Community Engagement Forum,
with a diverse coalition of SGV-based, community-focused organizations.
event mobilized over 400 community members, students and organizations for a
debate among city council candidates in advance of the Nov. 6 city
- Media Partner of the 17th annual San Gabriel Valley Pride Festival, an October event focused on LGBTQ education, expression and celebration.
Questions or Concerns?
Jon Thurber, Publisher at Jon@alhambrasource.org
Dominic Tovar, Community Outreach Manager at Dominic.Tovar@alhambrasource.org